Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Pioneer Woman Food & Friends Latest Post : Swiss Meringue Buttercream

how to make glorious Swiss Meringue Buttercream + watercolor rose cookies
We're talking Swiss Meringue Buttercream and all of its magical powers over on The Pioneer Woman Food & Friends. You NEED this frosting in your life. No really, you do.

how to make glorious Swiss Meringue Buttercream | a post by bakeat350.blogspot.com for The Pioneer Woman Food & Friends
Come read all about how to make it, how to make these watercolor rose cookies, plus tips for switching up the flavors. Oh, and share whether you are #TeamCake or #TeamFrosting.
(I bet you can guess what category I fall into.)


9 comments:

  1. The texture looks amazing! Heading over to check this out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta se ve realmente delicioso, gracias por compartir!!! Dulcerio del Bueno
    Recetas Dulcerio

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so cute

    Amy | www.yankified.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I ever have to get this done, I'm coming to you for help!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made this put it turned out too soft for frosting. It was like pudding. What did I do wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey CherylSue! I'm sorry that happened.

      Two thoughts...maybe your butter was too warm? Or, sometimes it looks soupy when it's underbeaten. In that case, all it needs is a few more minutes with the mixer.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for answering back! Butter was room temperature and the "frosting" became thinner as I whipped. I had stiff peaks with the meringue (I love meringue and make it often which is why I wanted to try this recipe), but maybe I didn't get the right temperature. I'll have to try again! Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Hello. Can you modify this with cocoa powder to make chocolate frosting? If so, how much would you recommend? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover