This week, we're reviewing Trader Joe's Pita Crisps with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds. A 6-ounce bag costs $2.69.
A mom's (my) take: These pita crisps are absolutely additive! A little salty, a little sweet...with just a touch of cinnamon...I could not stop eating these crunchy chips straight from the bag. Good on their own, but with cheese, oh my gosh. Cream cheese, goat cheese, parmesan, cheddar - I could go on. If you want to add a bit of interest to your Thanksgiving appetizer platter, pick up a bag of these. Better yet, pick up two. One to sample pre-Thanksgiving, one for Thanksgiving Day.
Overall rating: 5 of 5 stars
A teenager's (Jack's) take: Normally, I wouldn't be a big fan of a sweet flavor mixed with pita chips (or anything remotely sweet-and-savory, for that matter), but Trader Joe's has made an exception with these. I really love how the flavor begins with a salty, crunchy pita chips flavor that is simply classic, and then the sweet cranberry and hints of pumpkin come out. These are AWESOME!!!
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Trader Joe's Pita Crisps with Cranberries and Pumpkin Seeds: Go get some!
[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]
Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews!
Here's what else we're loving this week:
- Vanilla bean paste 101 (my latest post for PW Food & Friends)
- Mercy House Kenya Gift Catalog...what a beautiful way to give.
- Cake cookies with Nutella frosting for Beverly (thank you all who left sweet comments this week. ♥)
- I know I'm going to need to work some salads into my meals as the eating season begins. This one from Aggies Kitchen sounds delicious.
- This adorable Turkey cake (no, not made with turkey) from The Decorated Cookie.