Jack and I are both suckers for Key Lime...and I guess you know how we feel about cookies. A 12-ounce package of cookies costs 3.99.
A mom's (my) take: These remind me of mini wedding cookies...a crumbly cookie with a nice coating of powdered sugar. The flavor is a very tart Key Lime. I wanted to love these guys, but I have to tell you...they smelled weird. I realize this makes me sound like a crazy person, but I couldn't get over it. The cookies are good, though...
Overall rating: 3 of 5 stars
A teenager's (Jack's) take: These small cookies pack a big punch of flavor. That is, the key lime flavor is very tangy and prominent. Not too much, but it is definitely strong. The buttery cookie inside isn't too crunchy, or too soft, and provides a very pleasant aftertaste. I really enjoy these little guys, and aside from tea, they could definitely work by themselves as a sugary, tangy pick-me-up.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Trader Joe's Key Lime Tea Cookies: split decision!
[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]
Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews!
What else are we loving this week?
- check out these new Imperial Sugar powdered sugar boxes. Really!
- if you haven't put the ingredients for these salted caramel chocolate chunk cookies on your grocery list yet, DO IT!
- How. Gorgeous. Is. This...love that Honey color!
- you know I love a good cookbook. The Cookies and Cups Cookbook is now available for pre-order and I can't wait to get my hands on it!
- and, currently craving...cubano sliders (from Recipe Girl)