Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Key Lime Tea Cookies

Hello all! This week we're reviewing Trader Joe's Key Lime Tea Cookies.

trader joe's key lime tea cookies review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts and treats
Jack and I are both suckers for Key Lime Pie...and I guess you know how we feel about cookies. A 12-ounce package of cookies costs 3.99.

UPDATE: Check out our sister site, Sweet on Trader Joe's, dedicated to all things Trader Joe's! 

trader joe's key lime tea cookies review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts and treats
A mom's (my) take: These remind me of mini wedding cookies...a crumbly cookie with a nice coating of powdered sugar. The flavor is a very tart Key Lime. I wanted to love these guys, but I have to tell you...they smelled weird. I realize this makes me sound like a crazy person, but I couldn't get over it. The cookies are good, though...
Overall rating: 3 of 5 stars

A teenager's (Jack's) take: These small cookies pack a big punch of flavor. That is, the key lime flavor is very tangy and prominent. Not too much, but it is definitely strong. The buttery cookie inside isn't too crunchy, or too soft, and provides a very pleasant aftertaste. I really enjoy these little guys, and aside from tea, they could definitely work by themselves as a sugary, tangy pick-me-up.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars


trader joe's key lime tea cookies review : part of a weekly review series of tj's desserts and treats
Trader Joe's Key Lime Tea Cookies: split decision!


[note: We have no affiliation with Trader Joe's. I'm sure they have never read this blog and have no idea who we are. Hey, we like being incognito, although we never wear sunglasses indoors. ;)]

Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews

What else are we loving this week?


SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig