Saturday, April 25, 2015

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: English Toffee

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes

This morning, I sent kiddo to Trader Joe's to pick out our review item since I was busy doing important things...putting a deep conditioner on my hair. Now that I think about it, I should send him to pick up the dry cleaning while I write this intro.
(Minus the worry, having a driving teenager has its perks.)

Today, we're reviewing Trader Joe's English Toffee with Milk Chocolate.

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
An 8-ounce package costs $3.49 and contains about 8 small bars of toffee. Each bar is covered in milk chocolate and chopped almonds.

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
A mom's (my) take: I definitely prefer my toffee IN Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, for example. If you are a toffee lover, you might really love these. The toffee center is thick, crunchy and buttery. I can't help thinking they could use a little pinch of salt and more chocolate. I don't taste the chocolate at all here. Chopped up in coffee ice cream, though? That might make these a 10.
Overall rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (kiddo's) take: Well, unlike my mom, I prefer toffee OUT OF things; by itself. The nutty taste hits hard at first, but is soon balanced out by the thin, but very tasty layer of chocolate, and, of course, the title item -- the toffee. I really enjoy the consistency, and the fact that it doesn't get stuck to your teeth like some other toffee does. I do agree, however, that it could use just a tad more chocolate.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
Trader Joe's English Toffee with Milk Chocolate: not quite 5 stars, but not bad.
review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes


  1. TJ's English Toffee is my "crack"...I swear I could eat the whole container in one sitting. Not that I ever have but I truly have to pace myself on this stuff. I love how it has such a buttery taste to it.
    Excellent choice to review this week!


  2. These posts always make me wish we had Trader Joes in Australia!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover