Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: English Toffee

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes

This morning, I sent kiddo to Trader Joe's to pick out our review item since I was busy doing important things...putting a deep conditioner on my hair. Now that I think about it, I should send him to pick up the dry cleaning while I write this intro.
(Minus the worry, having a driving teenager has its perks.)

Today, we're reviewing Trader Joe's English Toffee with Milk Chocolate.

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
An 8-ounce package costs $3.49 and contains about 8 small bars of toffee. Each bar is covered in milk chocolate and chopped almonds.

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
A mom's (my) take: I definitely prefer my toffee IN things...like Ben & Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, for example. If you are a toffee lover, you might really love these. The toffee center is thick, crunchy and buttery. I can't help thinking they could use a little pinch of salt and more chocolate. I don't taste the chocolate at all here. Chopped up in coffee ice cream, though? That might make these a 10.
Overall rating: 3.5 of 5 stars

A teenager's (kiddo's) take: Well, unlike my mom, I prefer toffee OUT OF things; by itself. The nutty taste hits hard at first, but is soon balanced out by the thin, but very tasty layer of chocolate, and, of course, the title item -- the toffee. I really enjoy the consistency, and the fact that it doesn't get stuck to your teeth like some other toffee does. I do agree, however, that it could use just a tad more chocolate.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes
Trader Joe's English Toffee with Milk Chocolate: not quite 5 stars, but not bad.
review: trader joe's english toffee #traderjoes

SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig