Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Extraordinary Bark of the Finest Collection

trader joe's extraordinary bark review
Don't even try to dash into Trader Joe's this week and get back out "really quickly" like I tried to on Friday.  Cartless, I was scanning that city of sweets that lives above the freezer foods when I stopped dead in my tracks.  The holiday sweets are out.

Oh my gosh.  Where to start?  Where to start?  Everything looked so enticing!   And this leads me to why I'll never run through TJ's cartless again.  I managed to make it to the register with my armful of sweets without dropping any, but just barely.

trader joe's extraordinary bark review

This week, kiddo & I review Trader Joe's Extraordinary Bark of the Finest Collection.  This red and white box immediately caught my eye.  There's something old-fashioned and sweet about the packaging.


Trader Joe's describes this as "chocolate bark with layers of mini milk chocolate peanut butter cups, pretzels, caramel popcorn and crushed almonds."  (There's also a very lengthy, detailed description on the front of the box that would take me 30 minutes to type out here.) ;)  A 9-ounce box runs $3.99.

trader joe's extraordinary bark review
A mom's (my) take: This is one of those Trader Joe's items that I knew I would love, and didn't.  The chocolate base itself was delish, but I thought most of the toppings were a bit...stale.  In addition to all of the toppings listed in the description, the bark was also topped with TJ's Joe-Joe's cookies.  Those and the caramel popcorn in particular, I tried to eat around to get to the areas with the peanut butter cups. ;)  Would I busy this again?  No.  It looks pretty, though.
Overall rating: 3 of 5 stars

A teenagers (kiddo's) take: I don't know what my mom is talking about, because I absolutely love this bark. The chocolate slab is very tasty and very well complemented by all the wonderful toppings (especially the peanut butter cups :) ). Overall, the taste is great, and I love reading the description on front of the box. It's hilarious.
Overall rating: 5 out of 5 stars


trader joe's extraordinary bark review
Trader Joe's Extraordinary Bark of the Finest Collection:
try it for yourself and let us know if you're #teamkiddo or #teammom! ;)

 Read all of our Trader Joe's sweet treats and dessert reviews


 photo banner.jpg
SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig