Thursday, November 20, 2014

Apple Butter Pie with Cookie Crust, and rules for Thanksgiving

apple butter pie with cookie crust ... an easy pie recipe and a great alternative to pumkpin pie


Here are Bridget's Rules for Thanksgiving:

1. Stuffing.  Yes, it's technically "dressing," but we call it stuffing and there is no Thanksgiving without it.

2. Mashed potatoes are optional; sweet potatoes are not.

3. There is NO SHOPPING ON THANKSGIVING DAY!  Let the cashiers at Macy's enjoy time with their families, have a few glasses of Pinot Noir, and take a nap for crying out loud!  We can buy gloves for Aunt Sally at 50% at 4am on Black Friday.  *steps off soap box*

4. The Thanksgiving Day parade is on TV...whether anyone is watching it or not.

5. Desserts: there must be several.

apple butter pie with cookie crust ... an easy pie recipe and a great alternative to pumkpin pie

I want to introduce you to the Apple Butter Pie.  This is your new easy pie recipe to add to your Thanksgiving dessert menu.


The crust take 5 minutes (or less) to whip up.  The filling takes 5 minutes to create.  The hardest part about making this pie?  Waiting for it to chill before slicing into it.

apple butter pie with cookie crust ... an easy pie recipe and a great alternative to pumkpin pie
Made with a Speculoos cookie (such as Biscoff) crust and a creamy, spiced filling, the finished pie is then topped off with a brown sugar and spice whipped cream and a sprinkling of cookie crumbs.  It's very similar in texture to a pumpkin pie...without the pumpkin.  See, I can make recipes without pumpkin (sometimes). ;)

Add it to your Thanksgiving repertoire.  You'll be glad you did.

apple butter pie with cookie crust ... an easy pie recipe and a great alternative to pumkpin pie
I'm sharing the recipe at Imperial Sugar.  Come and get it!



 photo banner.jpg

12 comments:

  1. HOLY SMOKES. I cannot even deal with how amazing this sounds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your carb-heavy T-giving rules, and I fully support this pie, which looks amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds delicious!! I love the idea of an apple-flavored pie that isn't actually a traditional apple pie. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made Apple Butter Bars for Imperial! We are sharing a brain girlfriend!! This pie looks ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with no shopping on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bridget,
    Your rules are perfect! The pie looks pretty great too.
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is wonderful! I agree with every single one of your Thanksgiving necessities.I am not a huge fan of pumpkin stuff (I know unAmerican) but I love every other item you discussed. This is so fun and seasonal. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This just sounds like fall. I am loving the sound of this pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second everything about your Thanksgiving, from the pie, the taters and the no-shopping. If you're serving this pie, I have a ticket to TX to go buy!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally agree about the no shopping and having more than one dessert! This pie looks divine. I'm so glad I found your blog! Your cookies are ridiculous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So excited to check out the recipe (my husband loves pie! I can bake/decorate any kind of cake you want but have yet to produce a nice pie crust). I clicked on the link, and skimmed through the recipe-now am I crazy or is there no apple butter in the recipe? I'm easily confused so I probably missed something �� Thanks for always sharing your wonderful thoughts and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. smckinney07...yes, you're crazy. Haha! The apple butter is in the "filling" section of the recipe. Maybe you just scanned the crust ingredients. :) Hope your husband loves it!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover