Here are Bridget's Rules for Thanksgiving:
1. Stuffing. Yes, it's technically "dressing," but we call it stuffing and there is no Thanksgiving without it.
2. Mashed potatoes are optional; sweet potatoes are not.
3. There is NO SHOPPING ON THANKSGIVING DAY! Let the cashiers at Macy's enjoy time with their families, have a few glasses of Pinot Noir, and take a nap for crying out loud! We can buy gloves for Aunt Sally at 50% at 4am on Black Friday. *steps off soap box*
4. The Thanksgiving Day parade is on TV...whether anyone is watching it or not.
5. Desserts: there must be several.
I want to introduce you to the Apple Butter Pie. This is your new easy pie recipe to add to your Thanksgiving dessert menu.
The crust take 5 minutes (or less) to whip up. The filling takes 5 minutes to create. The hardest part about making this pie? Waiting for it to chill before slicing into it.
Made with a Speculoos cookie (such as Biscoff) crust and a creamy, spiced filling, the finished pie is then topped off with a brown sugar and spice whipped cream and a sprinkling of cookie crumbs. It's very similar in texture to a pumpkin pie...without the pumpkin. See, I can make recipes without pumpkin (sometimes). ;)
Add it to your Thanksgiving repertoire. You'll be glad you did.
I'm sharing the recipe at Imperial Sugar. Come and get it!