Saturday, October 11, 2014

Sweet on Trader Joe's Saturday: Pumpkin Joe-Joe's

I remember when kiddo was a baby and he loved eating pureed sweet potatoes and squash and carrots so much that his little nose turned orange.  Well, I'm a little afraid the same will happen to me with all of the pumpkin goodies I've been consuming lately.

a review of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Joe-Joe's

This week, kiddo and I are reviewing Trader Joe's PUMPKIN Joe-Joe's.

Joe-Joe's are a filled sandwich cookie...their version of Oreos.  Trader Joe's describes these as "crispy pumpkin cookies with pumpkin cream filling."  A 10.5-ounce box costs $2.99.

a review of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Joe-Joe's
When we stopped in Trader Joe's this week, we had a friend with us and decided we needed to break into these babies in the car, hence the box-outside-the-store picture. ;)

a review of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Joe-Joe's
A mom's (my) take: The cookies themselves are nice and crispy and there's a good amount of filling here.  Lightly spiced, these cookies are quite tasty.  That said, I'm not sure I'd be tempted to buy them again.
Overall rating: 4 of 5 stars

A teenager's (kiddo's) take: A very sweet and flavorful variation of the traditional Joe-Joe. The luscious filling perfectly complements the light cookie. However, I'm not tempted to eat the entire box, either.
Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

a review of Trader Joe's Pumpkin Joe-Joe's
Trader Joe's PUMPKIN Joe-Joe's: We liked 'em.

Read all of our Trader Joe's dessert reviews!


  1. Oh this is so funny! Your comment about eating "orange" veggies. I was a young mom and I we went to the pediatrician's office for a checkup -- the first thing he said he's been eating his carrots! Well yes he was and his squash so I felt great that he'd been eating veggies but I guess he could tell by his "orange" cast? Getting back on subject I LOVE Trader Giotto. He has so many great things to try and the prices are so reasonable.

  2. Find the latest used and new cars for sale.
    Great used car deals and prices.
    More here used cars los angeles

  3. I saw these the other day. My husband isn't a huge pumpkin fan so I was afraid the box would be mine and all mine. Glad to hear you both thought the cookies weren't to die for.

  4. went to TJ yesterday with ur suggestions on my list. So far i totally agree with the pumpkin macaroons! yummy!

  5. OMG, I just received the most recent TJ's Fearless Flyer and I counted 38 Pumpkin related about pumpkin overload.I visisted TJ's last week , before checking out the Flyer. I noticed the JoJo's as I was checking out and was very tempted but resisted. The nutritional counts for fat and sugar were too high. I do have them checked off for my next trip but after your review, maybe not. I do love the PumpkinO's..they make a yummy snack. I also love, love ,love the pumpkin cornbread croutons.I bought a few extra boxes to have on hand as a treat during the winter months.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover