Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pumpkin Cinnamon Swirl Cupcakes


pumpkin cinnamon swirl cupcakes ::: if you make one batch of pumpkin cupcakes this season, make it this one.
If you're going to make one batch of pumpkin cupcakes this season (and you ARE making pumpkin cupcakes, aren't you?!?), I hope you'll bake a batch of these.

pumpkin cinnamon swirl cupcakes ::: if you make one batch of pumpkin cupcakes this season, make it this one.
Pumpkin cupcakes are always a hit in my book, but these, THESE, have a cinnamon swirl tucked inside the batter.  That little hit of brown sugary, buttery, cinnamon-y goodness takes them to the next level.

pumpkin cinnamon swirl cupcakes ::: if you make one batch of pumpkin cupcakes this season, make it this one.
Oh!  The frosting!  Oh, the frosting.

I used this little guy to swirl the plain buttercream with the cinnamon-spiced buttercream.
dual-sided piping bags for two-tone frosting!
I think I bought this at Sur La Table, but you can also find it on Amazon.

If you don't have a fancy divided pastry bag, feel free to frost the cupcakes half and half.

pumpkin cinnamon swirl cupcakes ::: if you make one batch of pumpkin cupcakes this season, make it this one.
I'm sharing the recipe over on Imperial Sugar's site.  Come and get it! ;)

PS: Can pumpkin season last forever?!?


20 comments:

  1. I just want to run my finger thru that perfectly swirled frosting and take a lick :) So pretty Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good B!
    The perfect bite!
    Would love to have this with my coffee right now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oohh, I will definitely be making some pumpkin cupcakes -- and these look ah-mazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great, really in love with that cinnamon swirl.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything with a cinnamon swirl is good in my book

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! Do you think these can be made into a cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do. I haven't tried it, though. I'm going to guess it would make a 9" cake, but I can't be sure. Let me know if you try it!

      Delete
    2. nice, thank you! I will try it and post back ;-)

      Delete
    3. I did it! I made it into two, slightly thinner, 8 inch rounds so that it could be a layered cake. Turned out great. Thanks again!

      Delete
  7. I haven't made pumpkin cupcakes yet this year, but I guessing this will be the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That swirl frosting looks incredible! You are right, I HAVE to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freaking love cinnamon frosting. It makes me think of Cinnamon Toast Crunch! Love the wrappers on your cupcakes! I've got a bunch of those and love using them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shot to the heart right there - Pumpkin makes me weak in the knees!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This frosting looks divine! I'm with you...who could resist pumpkin cuppies this season? Great photos, Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never made pumpkin cupcakes. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME??? These look so moist and they sound so flavourful and that cinnamon spiced buttercream looks irresistible. Love the dual icing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin and cupcakes are my total besties this time of year! Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend just told me about your blog. It looks great. I'm a big follower of "Cooking With Mr. C." on Facebook, which is also a blog. I now have the two of you to check out.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've tried baking with pumpkin quite a few times now but I've miraculously managed to mess up every single one of them with the exception of this one! Great pumpkin flavour and the icing is just to die for.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover