Thursday, September 26, 2013

Rah! Rah! Sis! Boom! Bah! Super Easy Pom Pom Cookies!

Are you ready for some football?  I mean, are you ready for the quickest, easiest, no-decorating-skills-required cookies for your game day dessert platter?

pom pom cookies...the quickest, easiest, no-decorating-skills-required cookies for your game day dessert platter or tailgating (tutorial in post)
Easy Pom Pom Cookies! 
That's something to cheer about. 

Maybe the neighbors are coming over to watch the game.  Maybe you're making cookies for your kiddo's team party.  And maybe, just maybe, you don't want to spend 17 hours decorating cookies.

pom pom cookies & football brownies...the quickest, easiest, no-decorating-skills-required treats for your game day dessert platter or tailgating (tutorial in post)
These pom pom cookies are so, so simple...and so, so cute.  I love them mixed in with these easy (are you sensing a theme here?) football brownies!

football pom poms collage photo footballpompomcollage.jpg
To make the pom pom cookies, you'll need:
 photo pompomsstep1.jpg
Use a #2 tip to pipe a flower shape with long thin petals in the base color.

pom poms step 2 photo pompomsstep2.jpg
Use a #1 tip to pipe another flower on top in the contrasting color.  It's ok if it's not perfect...actually, I think it's better if it's not.

pom poms step 3 photo pompomsstep3.jpg
Go back the the base color and add a smaller flower shape on top.

Let the icing dry completely before stacking.

pom pom cookies & football brownies...the quickest, easiest, no-decorating-skills-required treats for your game day dessert platter or tailgating (tutorial in post)
{My cookie icing dried super shiny in the dehydrator.  More info here.}

So, those footballs brownies?  They're covered in a dark chocolate glaze.  Look:
 photo footballbrowniesglazed.jpg
Yeah.  You need these for your game day dessert table.  Come on over to Parade to see just how easy they are to make.  And eat.



24 comments:

  1. These are so adorable, love the football brownies too! Though as a former cheerleader, we just called them Poms :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well....maybe that explains why I was never a cheerleader. I didn't know the cool lingo. ;)

      Delete
    2. I'll have to say. With my experience as a cheerleader, a cheerleading coach and an Alabama football fan that wears a "good-luck" POM-POM in her hair to every football game, I've never, ever heard pom-poms referred to as "poms."

      Delete
    3. I have to agree with Teresa. As a former high school pompon girl (that's how they spelled it at my school), we never referred to our "pom-poms" (funny, spellcheck just wanted to correct pom-poms to pom-pons, ha!) as "poms". Per Wikipedia: "Pom-pom is derived from the French word pompon, which refers to a small decorative ball made of fabric or feathers." But, peeps spell it with or without the hyphen, one word or two, or with the "m" or the "n"; pom-pom, pom-pon, pom pom, pom pon, pompom or pompon. ;)

      Delete
    4. POM-POM love 4ever! And ever! xo

      Delete
  2. Aw this is so cute! I used to be a cheerleader in high school so I love pom poms! (Doesn't the word pom pom just make you feel happier? haha) Wish I had this tutorial back in high school. I would have made a ton for bake sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you ARE a cheerleader when it comes to cheering us on to try your recipes. This is a cute idea. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pom pom cookies are adorable! And I love that they're so quick and easy to decorate. That's especially important when you're having a big crowd and need to have a large quantity of goodies on hand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute! :) Maybe it depends on which part of the country you are from...we called them pom-poms ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute!! Love them! I'm definitely making them for my next tailgate party! For more cute recipes like this, check out www.BetterOffHealthy.com!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bridget, your football brownies and pom-pom cookies are stankin' cuuuute! Perfect and easy for tailgating and other football parties. Thanks for sharing, girl! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, yes, yes!! Seriously, I love football food! These are awesome and I can totally make them! SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww they look so cute... what a great way to decorate the cookies and soooo easy...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an adorable idea! My husband will love these :)
    xoxo, K
    Relatively Offbeat

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Pom Pom cookies are just too cute!!! And the brownie foatballs look sooooooop good!!!! Thank for this awesome and fun post!!! You always cheer my day!!!!!love you girl💘

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, these are cute! And the brownies look phenomenal!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm already thinking of a variation for next 4th of July! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Bridget! I am a newbie blogger and your newest follower! I am buying your book this weekend and hopefully can decorate nearly as beautiful as you in a few months because you really have talent! Thank you for the inspiration and looking forward to returning and connecting with you! Have a great one! - Iva

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely adorable, and so easy! I keep telling myself that I'm going to start hosting football parties (I'm so not a football person -- I just want to cater a game with friends!), and when I actually do, these will absolutely be on the menu. I wanted to let you know that I featured this post, and one of the cute photos (with full credit and link-back to your site) on my blog's Weekend Wrap-Up, and have included the link in case you're interested. Thanks for adding to a week of amazing blogging, and enjoy your weekend!

    http://www.floptimism.com/2013/10/weekend-wrap-up-self-love.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. So happy to find this post for football season.tailgating and home parties.
    Could you please let me know if the glaze on the brownie footballs hardens. I'd hate to have something that absolutely requires holding a napkin for gooey fingers. Can't wait to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover