Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lazy Day Truffles

Say you want to make truffles, but...
cocoa almond truffles ::: bake at 350 blog
A. ...you don't have any heavy cream,
B. ...you don't want to wait for ganache to cool,
C. ...you're feeling a little lazy.

Well, I have just the truffles for you.  Cocoa Almond Truffles.
cocoa almond truffles ::: bake at 350 blog
Cocoa Almond Truffles are made from cocoa powder instead of ganache and mixed together with slivered almonds, espresso powder, vanilla and almond extracts.  They're not smooth like ganache truffles, but have a little crunch from the finely chopped almonds and are cocoa-y.  (I'm not sure cocoa-y is a word, but when you eat something cocoa-y, you know it.)

Roll them in powdered sugar, natural or Dutch-process cocoa, and voila!
cocoa almond truffles ::: bake at 350 blog
I had the best of intentions of giving the majority of these truffles away, but was vetoed by the boys in my house.  Mr. E even added a few to his morning protein smoothies.  Yes, we're the epitome of health around here.

cocoa almond truffles ::: bake at 350 blog
Hope you enjoy!  Click over to Imperial Sugar for the recipe. :)



Online Cake Decorating Class

30 comments:

  1. Your truffles look wonderful! I love no-bake recipes like this for those times when you can't even deal with the oven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look very good :) I still have to make truffles at least once, it's on my baking bucket list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! i love the 'epitome of health' remark.
    Great job, as usual, Bridget!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look absolutely decadent and delicious, Bridget! The smoothie idea is too funny - but I can't blame him!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look beautiful... I love the variety of kinds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm...I don't usually have cream in the house, waiting for things to cool is the hardest part of cooking, and I tend to be feeling a little lazy, so these sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. why do you use Dutch-process cocoa?
    they are looking gorgeous

    xx A fan from The Netherlands;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Instant gratification (if you munch while you make them)
    and the almonds make me feel like they're healthy for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yep! love to make them, love to kick them up a notch too.
    would love to take perfect photos like yours too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are right up my alley!! I love this quick and easy way to make truffles :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute photos! They look divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these look DELICIOUS!! I needed a quick easy truffle recipe so this will be perfect! and truffles in our house never make it longer than a few hours! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, now...you can't blame a guy when you're a total tease! And, so quick and easy? ;) Great recipe and love the photography...cool side-by-sides! Pinning... xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look like perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want some of these RIGHT NOW. They're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woww,they are very lovly and delicious..I want to taste them..Love from Turkey..www.nurlumutfakta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. So pretty! I've hever eaten truffles, but I want so muuch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very clever idea! I took a look at the recipe and they sound lovely! I love chocolate and almonds, so these are kind of calling my name! I also love how quick they are... as in I may go make them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those look delicious and super easy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those look really good. So pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These lazy day truffles sound perfect for a lazy day! I love all the different coatings, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look fantastic! Love the ground almond addition too.
    Renee - Kudos Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  23. Would you mind tossing about 20 or more of those truffles way up here in the Northwest!
    I'm ready!
    Mouth wide open!
    These look so good B!
    Love that powdered sugar & cocoa!
    xo
    And truffles feel so fancy! Don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They look fantastic! And I love that these are for us lazy people! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love truffles !!!!!!! this looks soo good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover