These darling eskimo & igloo cookie cutters are from King Arthur Flour.
Let's make some Eskimo cookies. You will need:
- eskimo-shaped sugar cookies
- royal icing, tinted with AmeriColor Copper (fleshtone), Super Black, Deep Pink, Bright White, Red Red
- couplers and tips, #2, #1
- disposable icing bags
- squeeze bottles
- pink food coloring pen
Use a #2 tip to pipe the outline of the sweater in pink...
Thin the copper, black, white and pink icings with water, a bit at a time, stirring with a silicone spatula, until it is the consistency of a thick syrup. You'll want to drop a "ribbon" of icing back into the bowl and have it disappear in a count of "one thousand one, one thousand two." Four is too thick, one is too thin. Count of 2-3 is good. Cover with a damp dishcloth and let sit for several minutes.
Stir gently with a silicone spatula to pop and large air bubbles that have formed. Pour into squeeze bottles as needed.
Now, add the details.
- use a #2 tip to add the sweater details and mittens in red icing.
- use a #1 tip to add a mouth and boot details.
- use a #1 tip to go over the outline of the hair, add braids, and eyes.
Let the cookies dry 6-8 inches or overnight. Add the cheeks with a pink food coloring pen.
I hereby declare this Eskimo Kiss Day! My boys better look out!!! Go get someone you love! ♥