Monday, June 18, 2012

Savory Sweet Life...simply delicious

 
{Blackberry & Peach Crisp ala Savory Sweet Life}

You may already know Alica Currah of the blog, Savory Sweet Life.  Alice is one of those bloggers with whom you instantly feel a connection.  I'm not sure if it's her recipes, or her pictures, or her writing, or just her down-to-earthy-ness (it's a word, look it up).

Anyway....Alice has cookbook which was recently released (I'm guessing the first of many), and I think you'll love it as much as I do.  See that crisp up there?  That's from the book.  You need it.
Alice's book is called Savory Sweet Life: 100 Simply Delicious Recipes for Every Family Occasion.  And well, the title sums up the book pretty completely.  Divided into sections, the book is filled with recipe inspiration for everything from Christmas Morning to a Tween Birthday Bash.

Kiddo already has his eye on this...

And, sigh....this is calling my name...

You KNOW this is on the "must make" list...

It IS called SAVORY Sweet Life; you know desserts are always first in my mind.  Once the weather cools, though, I am *so* making this...

Isn't the photography beautiful?  Alice took the pictures, too.  That cover photo immediately drew me in.

I made the Alice's Blackberry Crisp (adding peaches as she suggests for a variation) for Father's Day, and oh baby, is it amazing! 

Savory Sweet Life...in bookstores now! :)

16 comments:

  1. Ohh yes, banana cream pie is one of my all-time favorite desserts! I saw your picture of the blackberry crisp on Instagram earlier - looks delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for this cookbook!!! Your crisp looks irresistible too -- stunning photo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right- I DO need this!! My dad and I pick blackberries every summer...I NEED to make that blackberry crisp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh banana cream pie, I have never had that, let alone tried to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My poor husband keeps asking me to make banana cream pie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious Bridget!
    LOVE peach and blackberry cobbler!
    Alice's book looks amazing!
    And she's from the Northwest!! Yeah!
    I can see why Kiddo is anxious for you to make the Carrot Cake!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful cover photo! I'll definitely have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I must put that book on my wedding registry. :) Perfect thing to start a new home, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great book!
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, looks like a treasure trove of treats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That DID look amazing! LOL! I'm in the market for a few new cookbooks and this looks like a goody! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alice's book is wonderful and she did an amazing job on the photography. I have already made a list of about 15 recipes I want to make...today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun review, I love Alice + her book :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once she was on my back,ergo baby carrier it felt GREAT! We took a long walk all over the neighborhood and I had absolutely ergo baby carrier uk zero shoulder and back pain like I usually get. I am now a true believer in this carrier and will be using it exclusively as ergo baby Everly grows. (The Ergo Baby also offers an infant insert for tee tiny babes available separately)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover