Thursday, May 10, 2012

Help Whip Cancer for Mother's Day

Mother's Day just isn't the same for me since losing my mom to cancer 12 years ago.  Sure, my boys (the mister and the kiddo) spoil me for the full weekend, not just the day, but there's always a certain bittersweet feeling that goes along with it.

{I grabbed this picture from my mom's senior yearbook.  How fabulous is that photo?  And why have I never looked that glamorous at ANY time in my life, let alone as a senior in high school.}

I know I'm not alone...so many of you have shared your stories of losing your moms, too.  Maybe you're like me and feel a little twinge of jealousy when you see grandmothers and grandkids playing in the park...or mom and daughters out shopping and getting pedicures.  I hate that cancer stole those moments for our family.
The good news...the hopeful news....is that cancer research is going strong.  There are companies with big hearts, companies that want our Mother's Days to be sweet, not bittersweet.  Companies like The Pampered Chef who donate to cancer charities, like the American Cancer Society.

So today, I take a break from baking to tell you about The Pampered Chef's Help Whip Cancer campaign.  Now in its 12th year, Help Whip Cancer has raised more than $10M towards breast cancer awareness and early detection programs.  Even though I didn't lose my mom to breast cancer, I can't help but think that every bit of research will help find a cure, treatments, and early detection for all cancers.

The Pampered Chef is offering special products for sale this May, and $1 from every product sold benefits the American Cancer Society.

In addition, for every "like" on their Facebook page, The Pampered Chef will donate one more dollar to the ACS.  How easy is that?

I was lucky enough to receive a package of the specialty products available, and they are adorable!  Although I've never attended a Pampered Chef party, I have been gifted with several of their products, and they are always wonderful.  These are no exception.
{That batter bowl?  I'm a little in love with it.}

The Pampered Chef also wanted to spread the love and give FIVE of you the same set I received! It includes: cake tester, batter bowl with lid, two cake pans, pink silicone spatula, oven mitt & pot holder.  You'll love it.


To enter, just leave a comment here with your mom's name. 
(Earn as extra entry by leaving a separate comment with one or both of grandmother's names.)
Here are mine: Gayle, Marge, and Opal.

a Rafflecopter giveaway
(Use the widget above to sign in, then leave a comment. It helps me quickly chose random winners AND keeps your email private.)

Five random winners will be chosen; enter through midnight CST Tuesday, May 15th.

{{PS...remember to hope over and like The Pampered Chef's Facebook page and PC will automatically dontate $1!}}


1,531 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! My mom's name is Peggy, and my grandmothers are Jeanne and Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is Cindy. She is so wonderful and supportive. We've always been close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florabell (isn't that a GREAT name???)
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry about your mom and her battle with cancer, Bridget. It must be so bittersweet for you on Mother's Day. So sorry.

    Anyhoo....great set! My mom's name is Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not entering Bridget. Just want to tell you how much I think you look like your Mother. She certainly was a very beautiful lady. Best wishes to you for a lovely Mother's Day with Mr. E and Kiddo.

    P.S. I do have some Pampered Chef items and they are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to use the widget and it did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband lost his dad to cancer at 63, so I'm sure Father's day has the same bittersweetness it does for you. I'm sorry. My mom is Bernice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Grandmothers: Elizabeth and Para

    ReplyDelete
  9. My grandmothers are Violet (here on earth) and Thelma (in heaven).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not entering either because I am an independent Pampered Chef consultant. But I just want everyone to know that these products are SOOO cute. I have the set and I love how girly they are. I just love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Merri is my mother's name. Common name but I love the spelling!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom's name is Peggy and she's the best mom ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Grandmothers names are Colleen and Verma.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. My grammas are Arline and Helen.

      Delete
  15. My momma's name is Lynda, and I don't know what I'd do without her. Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the old yearbook photo! My mom is Annie- grandmothers are Anne (in Michigan) and Therese (in heaven).

    ReplyDelete
  17. annette….thanks & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  18. My mother's name is Sun Ye. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maria Elena. But everyone calls her Ellen. Love my mama!

    ReplyDelete
  20. My grandmothers are Lois and Marcille.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mother Terttu is from Finland. She moved to Italy where I was born, and now that I live in Miami I miss her and my sister so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My grandma's names were Jean and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My grandmoms' are Feliza and Apolonia.

    Lola Feling and Lola Apple. =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. My amazing mom's name is Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  25. My grandma's names are Joyce and Vinnie Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My mothers name is lariece and I think it's the most beautiful name I've ever heard and I miss her dearly she passed of breast cancer in 2005.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amy & Iva EverJean are my Grandmothers

    ReplyDelete
  28. My Mom's name is Mary Suzanne...she goes by Sue

    ReplyDelete
  29. My grandmother's names were Mildred and Marion.

    ReplyDelete
  30. laverne- grandma

    ReplyDelete
  31. lydia- grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  32. Let's see...I have four, three living (there were divorces and deaths)Darlaine (Dar), Patricia (Pat), Antoinette (Toni), and Kathleen (Kathy). Apparently my family is big on nick names.

    ReplyDelete
  33. My mom is Darlene, and my grandmas are Alice Jean and Anna Mae. Not sure how the double-names happened, we don't even live in the south!

    ReplyDelete
  34. My grandmothers names are Barbara and Laverta.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Grandmother's name was Rose

    ReplyDelete
  36. My grandmother in Heaven is Betty.
    My grandmother on Earth is Charlotte.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My grandmother's name was Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  38. My other grandmother's name is Beatrice but she goes by Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  39. ...and my grandmothers are Theresa and Corrine :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. My grandmothers name's were Hattie and Fudeko.

    ReplyDelete
  41. My mom's name is Robin, and my grandmother (passed 13 years ago) was Janice (though her nickname was Toots- like Tootsie Roll).

    ReplyDelete
  42. My grandmothers names are Barbara and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  43. My grandmothers names were Eula Mae and Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Grandmothers are Vida and Darlene.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My grandma's names are Etta and Ruth (who is a breast cancer survivor.)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I tried to use your gadget thingy and it didnt work! :(
    My moms name is Betty!

    ReplyDelete
  47. my grandmothers names are Barbra and Maida

    ReplyDelete
  48. my grandma's names are NaNa and Mamaw.. i mean emilie and velma ;)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Ditto Kerry's remark, it won't load for me.

    Mother - Kathleen Marie Doyle, 01/12/56 - 01/04/00 (Cancer)
    Grandmother - Elizabeth Agnes McHugh 01/18/16 - 07/1993
    Grandmother - Mary Ann Doyle 01/18/33 - still with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. My mother is Cynthia. She died in the late 80's from a type of Leukemia that today is easily curable. The money that goes to research saves lives.

    ReplyDelete
  51. My mom is Sandy. She is a breast cancer survivor

    ReplyDelete
  52. My grandmothers, both still living, are Shirley Fay (for whom I am named) and Joyce.

    ReplyDelete
  53. My Momma is Lisa. My two Grandmas are Millie (thankfully still with us) and Grandma Dorothy in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  54. My grandmas were Mabel and Babe.

    ReplyDelete
  55. And my grandmothers names are Irene and Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  56. My mom's name was Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  57. My grandmothers' names were Ida and Winona.

    ReplyDelete
  58. My mom was Ella. She died in 2004 and I shall miss her every day of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  59. My grandmothers were Verlandia (Linda) and Helena.

    ReplyDelete
  60. My Mom's name is Carmen Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  61. Trinity, my mom. And Marguerithe and Carmen , my grandmother's.

    ReplyDelete
  62. My Grandmother's names were Brigida (paternal) and Herminia (maternal). Miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  63. ...and my Grandmother's names are Alta and Anne. Anne also died of cancer, similarly not of the breast.

    And you are correct-breast cancer research helps to understand and find treatments for all types of cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  64. My mom's name is Edie. She also passed 12 years ago due to cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  65. My Grandmother's names are Berniece and Irma.

    ReplyDelete
  66. My mom's name is Shirley Jeanne. On a side note; My daughter's name is Emma Jeanne--Emma after my grandmother and my great grandmother and Jeanne after my mom.


    Amy S
    amwheezer2@hotmail.com

    PS. I tried using the widget and it did not work.

    ReplyDelete
  67. My Mom's name is Mary. She passed 7 years ago!
    Susie
    susies@twcny.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  68. My grandmother's names were Maude and Mary! :)
    Susie
    susies@twcny.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. My grandma's names are Phanoy & Vera

    ReplyDelete
  70. My mom's name is Mary. I lost her to cancer when I was 24. I miss her every day.

    ReplyDelete
  71. My grandmother's names are Anna Mae and Harriet.

    ReplyDelete
  72. My dad's mom is Eleanor. My mom's was Phyllis. She died of breast cancer when my mom was only 11. The only Grandma I knew from her side was her step mom, Allene.

    ReplyDelete
  73. My grandma's names are Frances and Alice. I didn't know Frances as a brain tumor took her life just before I was born. I miss Alice every day of my life...I loved her so!

    ReplyDelete
  74. My mom's name is Marlene and my Grandmothers is Maricelsa

    ReplyDelete
  75. My Mom's name is Marisa. She is the best mom and grandma ever!

    ReplyDelete
  76. My grandmas were Rita and Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  77. Cordelia (Meme) & Frances (Grandma)

    ReplyDelete
  78. My grandmothers are Margaret and Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  79. my grandmothers' names are Betty and Sally

    ReplyDelete
  80. My dad's mom was Shirley, and my mom's mom is Helen

    ReplyDelete
  81. I have that batter bowl and it's one of my all time favorite kitchen items!!

    My mom is Vicki, Vicki Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  82. My Grandma's were.......
    Bertha and Hope

    ReplyDelete
  83. My Grandma's names were Anne and Mary Alice. They both died of different types of cancer and I am proud to be named after them. They were amazing women!

    ReplyDelete
  84. My Mom's name is Constance, she is my hero for raising 7 kids even wen my dad went over seas serving in the army.

    ReplyDelete
  85. My mothers name is Beth and she is a breast cancer survivor, and I love seeing anything that supports breast cancer!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  86. Lisa is my mother

    ReplyDelete
  87. My Grandma's were Elizabeth and Catherine - Catherine died from breast cancer in 1991 x

    ReplyDelete
  88. My mom's name is Gladys and she is my hero :)

    ReplyDelete
  89. My grandmother's are Bernadina (yup, quite the mouthful) & Alicia.

    ReplyDelete
  90. My grandmas names were Lucille and Myrtle.

    ReplyDelete
  91. My grandmothers' names are Jo-Anne and Eleanor

    ReplyDelete
  92. My grandmas' names are Elsie and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  93. My grandmother's names are Patricia and Arlene !

    ReplyDelete
  94. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  95. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  96. My Grandmothers' names are Mary and Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  97. My mom's name is Linda

    --Kim

    ReplyDelete
  98. My grandmothers' names are Joy and Fern.

    --Kim

    ReplyDelete
  99. My grandmother's names are Lauretta and Carol

    ReplyDelete
  100. My grandmothers' names are Sarah and Shirlejo.

    ReplyDelete
  101. My grandmothers are Irene (I get my middle name from her) and Malinda.

    ReplyDelete
  102. My grandmother's names are Connie and Marge.

    ReplyDelete
  103. My grandmothers' names are Anne and Margret

    ReplyDelete
  104. My Grandma's names are Mary Alice, Donna, and step-Grandma is Jeanette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  105. My mom's name is Marge, and Grandma's names are Pauline and Nellie : )

    ReplyDelete
  106. MY mom's name is Debra

    ReplyDelete
  107. My mother's name is Li :)

    ReplyDelete
  108. Grandmothers are Maxine and Anne

    ReplyDelete
  109. My beautiful mama is Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  110. Grandmothers are Adeliade and Harriet

    ReplyDelete
  111. My grandmother's are Swaran Kanta and Estelle

    ReplyDelete
  112. My mom's name is Geri.

    ReplyDelete
  113. My mom's name was Geri (short for Geralidine)

    ReplyDelete
  114. My grandmother's were Florence and Cyrene.

    ReplyDelete
  115. Carol
    ckhoury2@roadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  116. Becca rallen08@gmail.comMay 10, 2012 at 6:47 PM

    My mother's name is Maureen. And wishing you a wonderful weekend and mothers day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  117. Dixie and Birdie were my grandmother's names.
    Fun names, huh?!
    ckhoury2@oroadrunner.com

    ReplyDelete
  118. My grandmothers' names were Mary Frances, Elizabeth, Kitty, Bertha, Nora and Susie

    ReplyDelete
  119. and mum's mum is Gwendoline. My Favorite person on earth perhaps. (second only to mum)

    ReplyDelete
  120. Grandmothers Joyce and Elvira

    ReplyDelete
  121. Mom's name LaDonna

    ReplyDelete
  122. My mom's name is Amy. My daughter Stephanie is also a cancer survivor. thanks for this thoughtful giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  123. Grandmothers' names Gertrude and Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  124. Grandmothers names were Amelia and Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  125. My Grandmother's name was Coe and my Grandma's name was Ada.

    ReplyDelete
  126. My mum's name is Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover