Mini Cherry Bread Puddings... and a Little Something for YOU!

I have crushes on a lot of things.  Mr. E.  Nesting bowls.  Measuring spoons.  Cherries.  Vintage tablecloths.  Bill Murray.  Ruffles.  Scalloped edges.  Lipstick.  Chocolate.  Anything involving cake batter.  Kitties.  Hearts.  Vintage cake toppers.  Hankies.  Silicone spatulas.  Mentos.  Don Draper.  Goat Cheese. 

If you share my crushes...or even just a handful of them, I have a little treat for you.  It will arrive after Christmas, when things have settled down and you could use a little treat.


  • white nesting bowls
  • scalloped edge cake stand
  • magnetic measuring spoons
  • magnetic measuring cups
  • French wire whisk
  • {all of the above from Crate & Barrel}
  • Chavrie goat cheese cookbook
  • Chavrie goat cheese coupons!
Oh yeah, babe.  Somebody's going to win it.

OK...let's talk about goat cheese for a minute.  I love it.  I would eat it on a train.  I would eat it in the rain. I would eat it with a fox.  I would eat in in a box.

But I never thought about using it in dessert.  Until now.  Goat cheese is the secret ingredient to these creamy, tangy mini cherry bread puddings.

Cherry Bread Pudding
{directions modified from Chavrie, serves 4}
butter for the dishes
1 egg
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup plain goat cheese
1/2 cup half and half
1 tsp vanilla
2 sweet King's Hawaiian dinner rolls
1/4 cup dried tart cherries

Butter two oven-proof ramekins, 8-10 oz. capacity each. Place on a baking sheet and set aside.
Preheat oven to 325. 


Whisk together the egg, sugar, goat cheese, half and half and vanilla in medium bowl until smooth.
 

Tear the rolls into 1" pieces. Add the pieces and dried cherries to the egg mixture and stir until well coated.  Let stand 5 minutes.


Spoon evenly into dishes. Place the baking sheet with the ramekins in the oven and bake 25 to 35 minutes or until the center is set.


{They are really poofy directly from the oven.  Once they sit for a few minutes, they will deflate.  That's normal.} 

Cool 15 minutes. Each ramekin serves 2.  Share with someone you love. ♥

To enter the giveaway for the Holiday Sweet Treats: 

leave one comment naming 3 of your crushes. 

For an extra entry, answer the following: 

"if you win the Holiday Sweet Treats from Chavrie giveaway, which dessert recipe would you like to try?"

Entries will be accepted through midnight CST on Wednesday, December 21st.  Good luck! :)   

{This giveaway was brought to you by the nice folks at Chavrie.  I was not paid to profess my love for goat cheese; I do that for free.  I did receive one of the price packages described above.  I promise, you will love it!}
 
SHARE:
Blogger Template by pipdig