Saturday, November 6, 2010

Candy Bar Cheesecake, Oh My! (A Guest Post from TidyMom)

You guys remember Cheryl, right? Cheryl blogs about food, family, photos, crafts and keeping at tidy home at TidyMom. (Yes, she does it all.) I'm lucky enough to call her a real friend and even got to visit her in St. Louis over the summer.
Well, Cheryl is sharing a Candy Bar Cheesecake with us today. A perfect excuse to use up that extra Halloween candy....or to buy some 1/2 price!


Hi there!!! I'm Cheryl from TidyMom, where I share my passion for good easy recipes, photography and any thing creative!

Bridget is my cookie idol! If it wasn't for her, I don't think I ever would have tried working with royal icing.

Bridget and I have many things in common, especially our love of BAKING! Baked goods can turn a frown upside down. They can make a bad day better or simply remind people that you're thinking about them.

I would bake every day if my hips didn't get so ugly about it!

If your house is like mine, you have an over abundance of those tiny little tempting candy bars all over your house (my 14 year old likes to hide her trick-or-treat booty). So I have the perfect solution to use up many of them all at one........I think if you eat 20 mini candy bars in a cheesecake, the calories are the equivalent to just one candy bar.....I THINK........but don't quote me on that! HA!

So here we go........grab your aprons! This was my first time making a cheesecake! It was so easy and fun I can't wait to make more!

Candy Bar Cheesecake

Candy Bar Cheesecake

recipe from Betty Crocker.com

Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafer cookies (about 25 cookies)
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
20 Twix bars (fun-size) candy (or your favorite candy bar), unwrapped, cut into quarters (about 2 cups)
Cheesecake ingredients

Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 300°F. Spray 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray. To minimize cracking, place shallow pan half full of hot water on lower oven rack.
  2. In medium bowl, mix cookie crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into bottom of pan.
  3. Open candy bars and cut each one into 3-4 pieces, set aside.
  4. In large bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, just until blended. Stir in vanilla and candy bars. Pour over crust.
  5. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until edge of cheesecake is set at least 2 inches from edge of pan but center of cheesecake still jiggles slightly when moved. Run small metal spatula around edge of pan to loosen cheesecake. Turn oven off; open door at least 4 inches. Let cheesecake remain in oven 30 minutes. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
  6. Just before serving, run small metal spatula around edge of pan; carefully remove side of pan. Drizzle with Chocolate Syrup and Caramel Syrup or topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining cheesecake.
Enjoy!!

Thanks Bridget, for inviting me over! I hope you all will come visit me for more fun at TidyMom.net!



PS- I'm having a Love The Pie party on Nov 15 - get your pie recipes ready to link up and share.....there will be prizes and lots of FUN!

See you there!!

37 comments:

  1. Oh My! indeed! I wasn't going to bake this week since I've been eating most of the goodies myself. Trying to behave prior to the holidays BUT this cheesecake has me drooling!
    I'm adding your "love the pie" button to my sidebar & can't wait to enter my awesome pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe! excited to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is that one time I am SO glad Cheryl is NOT my neighbor. I'd be over at her house daily for a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to get "rid" of leftover Halloween candy! Can't believe it was your first cheesecake, Cheryl! You're a natural!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I would use Snickers. It's the perfect candy bar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many possibilities...but this one is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum, this is a spectacular cheesecake! using twix would be tasty, but i'd like to try heath bars and almond rocha too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this looks delish! I'm wondering if you could use 'real-size' candy bars and just cut them smaller? I'd like to do a peanut butter twix one and I don't think they make them in 'fun-size' - only 'fun for me' size

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum!!! This looks way too good. Thanks for another tempting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This candy bar cheese cake is so pretty & I bet delicious! So fun to read about TidyMom on your blog. I always love seeing all of the real-life friendships bloggers share.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so delicious!! Thank you for sharing it Cheryl!

    xoxo
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG this is a heart attack recipe! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is everything I love in sweets all rolled into one. Cheesecake, check! Candy bars, check! Cookies, check!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh me oh my pumpernickle pie, this sounds amazing. I just made a pumpkin cheesecake, this may have to be made this week

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two of my favorite ladies in one place?? Oh joy!! This recipe looks divine... I love all you guys do!!

    Blessings!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  17. These look wonderful! Now I know what to do with all that leftover candy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks amazing! I still have a ton of fun size snickers left over from Halloween and now I know what I'm going to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look awesome. Great guest post. I've got a horde of fun sized candy, this seems perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a delicious way to re-cycle the trick-or-treating stash! Great job on your very first cheesecake Cheryl.
    p.s. I also heard if you get your chocolate from your kids Halloween bags there are no calories in it either LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. please help me, I made 2 cheesecakes this weekend and it took each over 12 hours to set up. Is it because I used my pumpkin and not canned pumpkin

    ReplyDelete
  22. trooppetrie....that would be my guess. It definitely shouldn't take that long to set up. So sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW!
    That cheesecake looks YUMMY!
    I sure wish BAKING didn't cause the HIPS to show out in UGLY ways!!!!!
    WOuldn't it be heavenly if BAKING and eating SWEET caused the HIPS to SHRINK!!!!!
    Yeah!
    I would LOVE that!
    Looks yummy Cheryl!
    Love and adore you two girlies!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mmmmm- delicious use of leftover Halloween candy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks perfect! Wow-you knocked it out of the park for your first time.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd love to curl up with these and dig in! How indulgent :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Be still my heart... that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow... that is one fantastic looking cheesecake!

    ReplyDelete
  29. My mouth is watering! It's definitely on my Thanksgiving dessert list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey! Thank you so much for the recipe! Made it this weekend it was soo good! Better than cheesecake factory! I'm making two more this week for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh wow! This looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover