Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A shout-out to Mandy. . .

First, let me say, I see my inbox is full of emails and cookies questions and I promise I will respond very soon! Here's my excuse...my husband & I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this week with a trip {alone!} to Austin.

{Insert blurry picture of happy couple here.}

So, the reason for this post if to give a BIG shout-out and thank you to Mandy of Home with Mandy. Mandy is a food blogger from Austin. I've followed her blog for a while now. She doesn't fool around with silly stuff like decorated cookies, Mandy makes real food like Perfecto Pot Roast and Potato Rolls and Pork Dumplings with Ginger Dipping Sauce. So when we made our plans for Austin, I knew just who to bug for restaurant recommendations. :)

Mandy, well, Mandy rocks! Not only did she give a few suggestions, she gave us a serious list of places to try. We could have stayed in Austin a week. But here's why hubby & I ended up toasting Mandy over our anniversary dinner.

We started at Jeffrey's for drinks and appetizers, pommes frites (french fries to you & me). Wonderfully friendly, adorable bartender (Brian) and yummy drinks & fries.

Then, on to the BEST MEAL OF MY LIFE at Hudson's on the Bend. Seriously, I almost cried during dinner...it was so incredible. The starter...Lobster Bisque...it was perfection. You know those beer helmets? If Hudson's offered a lobster bisque helmet, I'd be wearing it right now. The meal just continued in it's perfection....espresso, chili, chocolate rubbed smoked elk, crunchy trout, and chocolate mousse with legs of fudge {yes, legs of fudge}!!!

You see why Mandy is my new best friend?

I won't bore you with any more of our "foodcation" as my husband called it, but it was wonderful. Once I come off my "Austin high" (and fit into my jeans again), I'll be back answering emails and getting back to WFMW. Until then....here's me saying "hi."

Did I mention that I love Mandy?

26 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that food does sound fantastic. Glad you guys were able to get away and have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, happy Anniversary to you both! Here's to decades more happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww sounds like a great time. Happy Anniversary :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to the two of you...and the comment-I meant every word! Thanks!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Glad y'all could get away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that sounds like an unbelievable dinner!!!
    Happy Anniversary!!

    Having blogging friends is like having your own private tour guide all over the country! LOL

    ~TidyMom

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are the cutest! I love the pics. happy anniversary trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Until now, I could only imagine how pretty you might be - and you really are beautiful! Happy anniversary to you both and have a delicious trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aren't you adorable?! Your picture is not at all what I pictured of you in my head. I hope you had a fabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Anniversary, Bridget! So glad you had a special time together :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, Bridget. And I'd love to go to Austin again! Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "You know those beer helmets? If Hudson's offered a lobster bisque helmet, I'd be wearing it right now."

    I think that deserves a quote of the week :D

    Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How on earth do you stay so thin when you bake so amazingly well??? I love to bake, too, and it definitely shows (on my thighs and hips)!!! Love your blog...Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful trip; I have heard great things about Austin. And - you're gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK, now I have to add that at least your quote of "Seriously, I almost cried during dinner..." was NOT followed by "because my husband brought up politics" ;-)

    But, seriously, she DID almost cry during dinner, and she DID mention the beer helmet. Who in the world would have thought that??? Hmmm...only my young bride, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello?!? Did you mention that you are totally cute?! I love the pics! It's so fun to see the girl behind the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hudsons on the Bend is OUTSTANDING. But, you didn't get to Hut's Hamburgers, Shady Grove, Kerby Lane, Hyde Park Grill, the original Chuy's, or Hey Cupcake??? You need to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Judy! I may email you next time. We go to Austin every so often and Chuy's is our stand-by, go-to restaurant. (Even though there is one by our house in Houston, you can't beat the original.)

    Hut's: check
    Chuys: check, check, check, check! :)
    Shady Grove: check
    The rest...on our list for the next trip. I did SEE a Hey Cupcake trailer, but we were headed to Amy's ice cream after our lunch at the South Congress Cafe and I thought I might explode. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Anniversary! I am going to have to try that restaurant, if and when Phillip and I have some alone time. Elk is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have SERIOUSLY cried over food before!!! Love you Bridge you look beautiful and you look like your momma~ xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this sounds like the most awesome vacation ever. "Foodcation" -- I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh B, you are as gorgeous as EVER!!! And even in the blurry pic, you both look like movie stars! Happy belated anniversary, and belated happy birthday to Mr. E! We miss you all SO much!!!
    Lisa & Lukas

    ReplyDelete
  24. Bridget, Thanks for the shout out. Wow! I'm so thrilled that you loved Austin and the great foodie hangouts we have here. Let me know when you are in town again, I have another list of "must eat" when you visit again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! Happy baking! :)
(Comments, especially on busy giveaways, may take a minute to show...thank you for your patience.)

Pin It button on image hover