We put our heads together trying to come up with "Italian" cookies. What did we came up with? Flags and pizza. :)
If you have an Italy lover in your life, you might want to consider making these flag cookies. They are really cute and a great cookie if you're just starting with flooding cookies:
- Using a #2 tip, outline the flag in white royal icing and divide into 3 sections. Reserve some of this icing for detail.
- Thin red, white and green icings with water until they reach the consistency of a thick syrup. Cover with a damp dish towel. Let sit several minutes.
- Run a rubber spatula through the icings and transfer to squeeze bottles.
- Fill in the sections of the flag, using a toothpick to guide into corners.
- Let dry at least one hour.
- If desired, switch the tip on the un-thinned white icing to a #1 and write "viva italia" across the flags.
Ciao Bella! ;)
Remember to enter the patriotic pancake pan giveaway!!! The winner will be chosen tomorrow (Tuesday)!