A little cookie for the new year...the dots remind me of champagne bubbles or confetti. I was going for a bright fuchsia here and I have to say that they look prettier in person, but I like the cookies from 2007 much better. Oh well...you never know until you try.
- Outline the cookie in white using a #3 tip.
- Thin fuchsia, yellow and blue icing to syrupy consistency and cover with a damp dishtowel. Let sit, stir gently with a rubber spatula to pop air bubbles. (Fuchsia: Spectrum Fuchsia with AmeriColor Electric Pink; Yellow: AmeriColor Egg Yellow; Blue: Spectrum Sky Blue)
- Pour thinned icing into squeeze bottles.
- Fill 6-8 cookies at a time in fuchsia. Spread into corners with a toothpick.
- Drop blue and yellow dots on top of wet icing.
- Let dry at least 1 hour.
- Using a #2 tip, pipe "2008."